Tirana International Film Festival (TIFF) is organizing the 14th edition of 2016 festival, which will kicks off November 3rd and runs through November 11th taking place in Tirana, at Imperial Cinemas Sheraton Tirana Hotel.
It’s time once again for the 2016 Tirana International Film Festival, created in 2003 – a festival where there’s too much to see.
Directors of the Film Festival have published Albanians Film which are selected to participate in this edition. In the official selection are selected 11 films from Albania, 10 from Kosovo, while Albanian Directors from Macedonia only two films.
Tirana International Film Festival is the first and only international cinema festival of its kind in Albania. This extraordinary cultural event is the most important cinematic event in Albania.
The aim of TIFF is to create in Albania, as well as in the Balkans, a cultural center of worldwide alternative and independent cinema. demonstrating strong efficiency in audience development by implementing activities before, during and after the event, including year-long activities and travelling to other cities with various smaller partner and smaller festivals in the country.
Above all, to create a meeting point for film artists, filmmakers and cinema enthusiasts from Albania, Europe and the entire world to come together and share their common passion and knowledge of the motion picture art form.
Albania is a solar, enthusiastic and friendly country and besides the “strong competition” TIFF aims at the same time to be a meeting point of cultures, where people of Tirana, the guests and all those who love films will have a cinema-language-communication week.
The intention of Tirana International Film Festival is to bring filmmakers, producers, cinema enthusiasts and distributors from all around the world to Tirana, in hopes of fostering future co-operation in this extraordinary scenic area.
By bringing together these distinct voices and their work, Tirana International Film Festival commits itself to introducing audiences to alternative visions of extraordinary diversity.
Since its inception in 2003, TIFF receives over 15,000 short films and 4,000 feature films from over 112 countries around the world. Out of all these applications more than hundred films can be chosen each year for the competition program. In this edition it has been increased into 200 the number of films, that will be shown to our public and foreign one.
TIFF Festival is a national cinema event whose main objective is to enlarge the number of venues and time of screening of European and non-European films of all genres and durations in Albania as well as it is considered to be an event to develop new audiences around the country, combining film screenings with public debates and thematic debates approaching new and an increased Film Audience and focusing also on Film Literacy.
Competition program features distinct sections as below:
- Feature Film Competition
- Short Film Competition
- In Albanian Competition
Tirana International Film Festival is also the best time to see some really great movies such as:
In Albanian – TIFF 2016 (14th edition)
- A Drop of Blood by Bekim Guri | 2015 | Kosovo | 10′
- Alone by Jeton Lakna | 2016 | Kosovo | 10’
- Ana by Ajola Daja | 2016 | Albania | 27′
- Bal Kan by Kriks Dumo | 2015 | Albania | 19′
- Bet by Endrit Delisula | 2016 | Albania | 16′
- Cheating for Papers by Valmir Tertini | 2016 | Kosovo | 19′
- Faraway by Megi Karaj | 2016 | Albania | 6′
- Feral by Emily Jusufi | 2016 | Macedonia | 23′
- Granatë by Ornela Peka | 2016 | Kosovo | 18′
- Hasan Tahsini by Kujtim Gjonaj | 2016 | Albania | 41′
- Land by Ibrahim Deari | 2016 | Macedonia | 25′
- Life on a Carousel by Elkjana Gjipali | 2015 | Albania | 14′
- Limelight by Lorin Terezi | 2016 | Albania | 12′
- Lost Exile by Fisnik Maxhuni | 2016 | Kosovo | 29′
- Midnight Vibrations by Anton Ndreca | 2015 | Kosovo | 29′
- One, Two, Monologues… by Blerina Goce | 2016 | Albania | 7′
- Realscope by Enxhi Rista | 2015 | Albania | 4′
- Scream by Leart Rama | 2016 | Kosovo | 7′
- The Almayer Inn by Romina Ruda | 2016 | Kosovo | 8′
- The Dog Killers by Ergys Meta | 2016 | Albania | 15′
- The Last Battle by Alban Zogjani | 2015 | Kosovo | 11′
- The Ritual of a City by Bertrand Shijaku | 2016 | Albania | 4′
- The Rope Broke by Mehmet Selcuk Bilge | 2015 | Albania | 7′
- Threads by Donjeta Hyseni | 2016 | Kosovo | 6′
- Waves by Xhulio Joka | 2016 | Albania | 15′
The slogan and motto of TIFF – “Think Different, See Alike”.